Company desired an independent analysis for an important new product, 6 months from first country launch.They sought an objective assessment of their launch strategy and detailed plan for launch optimization, including identifying and addressing potential market and regulatory contingencies.
Pressure Testing and Contingency Planning of a Global, Differentiated, New Product Launch Strategy.
- GAC created a scenario development workshop to identify and scope the potential risk issues that a contingency plan would need to address.
- Facilitated a 1-day workshop with cross-functional global team to fully characterize the scenarios and their triggers, after which it was determined that a base plan pressure test and optimization should be also conducted.
- GAC evaluated base plan ‘go-to-market’ strategy and, using company-provided and independently sourced data, then developed an alternative strategy against which the base plan could be tested.
- GAC briefed an internal global team on the alternative strategy in preparation for a 3-day planning workshop.
- Facilitated team assessment and input during a 3-day workshop to identify key imperatives and supporting actions required to optimize base plan and address contingencies.
- Developed recommendations and report following the workshop.
Deliverables & Outcome:
- Set a stronger and broader vision for the brand to be communicated internally and externally, where one was missing.
- Refined base strategy and patient segmentation approach. GAC-proposed “alternative” strategy was viewed as adding needed excitement and support for the brand and market opportunity.
- Developed roadmap of prioritized key improvements to optimize the plan and anticipate and prepare for market and regulatory contingencies including:
- Key imperatives.
- Designated imperative owners.
- Desired results and due dates.
- Milestones and critical activities achieve results.
- Triggers for deployment of contingency plans.
- Executive debrief determined that this approach would be recommended for future product planning.
Top 15 Multinational Pharmaceutical Company
Can You Relate?
Every business is unique, but your company may be facing many of the same challenges as the clients described in these case studies.
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you.