“The types of people GAC is able to recruit is really, really impressive.”
– Senior Director of Corporate Strategy,
“They have the horsepower, intelligence and subject matter expertise.”
– Chief Transformation Officer,
Academic Medical Center
As founder of GAC, Lisa Giles is keenly aware that the work we do requires powerful talent. Our network of consultants are accomplished executives, advisors and analysts who each bring an average 25+ years of life science industry experience. Your project team is always drawn from these highly respected professionals, rather than a constantly changing group of eager, but junior-level, consultants.
Below are just a few members of our talented team.
Lisa founded GAC in 2000 after a distinguished career holding executive positions in pharmaceutical, diagnostic companies and consulting firms. When not working, Lisa is an avid tennis player, enjoys the out of doors whether cycling, hiking, gardening or painting.
David Cooper, PhD, MD
Linda Hedenberg, MBA
Robert Hollar, MS
Susan Pinkus, MBA
Jim Stolzenbach, PhD
Claire Thom, PharmD
Chief Barketing Officer
Specialist in sniffing out problems and tracking flying objects. When not at work she loves long walks, treats and diligently patrolling for all types of critters.
Not for Profit Organizations We Support
- Bravo Waukegan
- City of Hope
- College Bound Opportunities
- Fred Hutchinson
- Kiawah Conservancy
- Northwestern Medicine
Join our Vision
Giles & Associates Consultancy has built a global network of highly experienced and accomplished consultants, and we continually seek to engage additional talented, results-driven professionals – people who share our vision and can help our clients make the most of innovations and market opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about any of our open positions and internship opportunities.
Envisions a better tomorrow, seizes opportunity today
- With more than 20 years of experience in life science company leadership, Lisa Giles founded Giles & Associates Consultancy, Inc. in 2000. She also founded Optivara, Inc. in 2013. Giles oversees the consulting practices and project teams — and she also works closely with leadership teams across client engagements.
- Vice President of Strategy Development for Searle Pharmaceuticals
- Partner with Business Strategy Consulting LLC
- Leadership positions with Abbott Laboratories in marketing and strategic planning, business development and operations for Abbott Diagnostics, Hospital Products, and Corporate Hospital Marketing Divisions
- Executive management development program, Ralston Purina Company.
- Board of directors, GenMark Dx (GNMK), Northwestern Memorial Foundation, and The Emeritus Auxiliary Board of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- EMP, Stanford University and University of Chicago< /li>
- BS, Juniata College,
Healthcare Researcher and Analyst
- Performs complex research and analysis in the Life Sciences
– Extensive secondary research, financial modeling and quantitative analysis
- Oversees primary research recruitment, scheduling, and honorariums
- Conducts primary research interviews and performs the resulting analysis to reach meaningful conclusions
- Provides project management to ensure projects are on time and on budget
- Tenneco Automotive
– Developed marketing strategies
– Created market analyses of competitor offerings and market positions
- Westlake Community Hospital
– Developed pricing strategies to maximize revenues
– Compiled financial plans and budgets into company-wide financial plans
– Worked with departmental leaders to develop business plans and associated budgets
- Healthcare Financing Administration (HCFA)
– Performed financial analysis and audits of BCBS plans
- MBA, Healthcare Administration, University of Chicago Booth Graduate School of Business
- BS, Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
David Cooper, PhD, MD
- Diagnostic, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology and Life Sciences
- Scientific, technical and medical strategist with 25 years proven performance as a product-oriented, corporate and academic executive.
- Senior level executive with administrative, scientific and medical experience in managing research and development, operations, business regulatory affairs, and business development.
- Experienced in developing and working with diagnostic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology Key Opinion Leaders both nationally and internationally.
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Tenured Professor of Pathology, Chair Division of Molecular Diagnostics
- Quest Diagnostics and the Nichols Institute – Vice-President and Chief Science Officer
- NimbleGen Systems, Inc. – Chief Medical Officer
- NanoMedex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – President and CEO
- PhD, Chemistry, Florida State University
- MD, Medicine, Clinical Pathology, University of Florida, Medicine, Clinical Pathology
- NIH, ACS, DOD and SBIR successful Grant Funding
- 100+ peer reviewed scientific, medical and biotechnology publications
- Association of Molecular Pathology, Co-Founder and Chair Action (Founding) Committee
- Founder and Editor, Journal of Molecular Diagnosis
- Oxford University, Lichfield Lecturer
- Business development, operations, and strategic planning experience spanning 30+ years in a variety of roles and healthcare settings, including academic health systems, non-profits, and entrepreneurial enterprises.
- Employs qualitative and quantitative research, integrated with financial modeling, to produce logical, concise, and actionable business plans.
- Develops corporate communications that facilitate and add impact to the strategic planning process.
- Senior executive adept at building and motivating teams to implement change and achieve aggressive growth goals.
- Chief Operating Officer, ConceiveAbilities, Surrogacy & Egg Donation
- Principal, Hedenberg et al., Business Consulting & Communications
- Director of Business Development & Director of Management Services, University of Chicago Health System
- Manager of Physician Services, Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago
- Physician Group Practice Director, Allentown Physical Rehabilitation Center
- MBA, Management Strategy, Finance, & Organizational Development, Northwestern University
- BS, Communications, Juniata College
Technology and Business Analyst
- Manages data collection and stewardship
- Conducts relevant detailed analytics leveraging primary and secondary data
- Oversees ongoing monitoring of key market trends and drivers
- Determines user requirements gathering and software configuration
Accurate Data Marketing Inc.
- Directed, on average, 125 qualitative projects per year from proposal through invoicing
- Designed and programed online surveys for both qualitative and quantitative research
- Analyzed recruiting data to identify fielding issues, while recommending actionable solutions
- Spearheaded implementation of company’s respondent database program
- Responsible for company’s online presence, including website development, social media, and advertising
- BBA, Management and Marketing, University of Iowa
Scientific and Technology Assessments
- Leads GAC’s quantitative research practice
- Designs analytical approaches and models to assess the value, adoption and growth of scientific innovation
- Expertise in product, technology and scientific assessments; with understanding of both the science and business issues involved in sophisticated technology development
- Development and execution of extensive quantitative and semi-quantitative market research, including web surveys, phone-based techniques and tabulation
- Financial projections and valuation modeling of a portfolio of drugs in development for a small bio-pharmaceutical company
- Packaging, positioning, and promotion of a developmental drug for out-licensing
- Financial and market analysis supporting valuation of consumer health products line
- Market characterization and metrics to support a corporate strategic business plan for medical research services.
- President, Eco Resources, Inc.
- Vice-President, Raw Material Exports, Inc.
- Program Director, Diagnostics Division, Abbott Laboratories
- MS, Analytical Chemistry, Purdue University
- BA, Chemistry, Illinois Wesleyan University
Jim Stolzenbach, PhD
Highly experienced pharmaceutical executive with a team orientated approach
Experienced with drug development, medical affairs, business development
Global based perspective with expertise in biologic and small molecule drug development
Strategic insight for translational medicine studies (late discovery to Phase 1/2 clinical trials) and large, global Phase 3 outcome trials
Therapeutic areas of focus include cardiovascular, renal, and immunology
- AbbVie/Abbott – Vice President, CV, Renal, Immunology Development
- Pharmacia/Pfizer – Vice President, Cardiometabolic Disease Development
- Searle Monsanto – Group Leader, Drug metabolism-PK/Project Director/Senior Project Director
PhD, Pharmacology, Oregon State University
MS, Biology, University of Georgia
BS, Biology, University of Connecticut
Abbott Volwiler Society Outstanding Researcher, 2008
Co-author of over 30 publications in refereed journals with numerous abstracts for presentations
Professional memberships include: Sigma Xi, American Heart Association, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Drug Information Association
Claire Thom, PharmD
- An experienced pharmaceutical executive with experience across a wide range of functional areas including drug development, new product and portfolio, marketing and experience working in diverse cultural environments.
- Successful track record of designing and building complex organizations to meet corporate needs.
- Senior VP Portfolio Management, Drug Development Management and Strategic Business Operations
- Senior VP Clinical Development Operations
- Senior VP Portfolio Management
- Franchise Leader (oncology, urology, gynecology)
- Senior Vice President, Quality Assurance and Compliance
- Senior Vice President, Research & Development
- Director, New Product Planning
- Pharmacia Corporation:
- Senior Director, New Product Marketing
- G.D. Searle and Company:
- Director, US Oncology Therapeutic Team, Director, Global New Businesses Franchise; Director Corporate Product Planning; Associate Director, Corporate Product Planning; Associate Director, International Marketing; Associate Director, Medical Information
- Ingalls Memorial Hospital: Clinical Pharmacist
- Doctor of Pharmacy with honors, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Bachelor of Pharmacy with high honors, University of Illinois at Chicago